Ikelite 71011 200DL Underwater Housing for Nikon D800, D800E DSLR Cameras
The Ikelite 71011 200DL Underwater Housing is a fully featured and durable waterproof housing for Nikon D800 and D800E DSLR cameras. Suitable for diving, snorkeling, surfing, pool and for any application in or around the water.
This housing features the robust new dry lock (DL) port system. “Dry lock” refers to the placement of the O-Ring on the outer side of the port holder. This improves visibility and reduces the risk of water reaching your precious camera sensor. DL ports are the lightest on the market, but rugged and able to withstand rougher surf. The Fastening is fast and safe. A system of extensions can accommodate a wide variety of lenses with ease.
The most common zoom lenses and focus rings can be set with a simple but effective gearing system that allows adjustment directly with your fingertips. A large, soft, gelappter button on the side of the case makes fine tuning a breeze. Zoom and focus gears differ depending on which lens you are using. All are light and affordable.
The supplied vacuum valve allows you to put the housing under pressure to check for leaks before taking your expensive equipment into the water. The use of the vacuum valve requires a compatible vacuum pump with pressure gauge # 47011, available separately.
This Ikelite 71011 200DL Underwater Housing for Nikon D800, D800E supports the choice of manual flash images or the addition of TTL electronics depending on the application. The Lightning barrier has been moved to the top of the housing to improve the cable management and reduce the load. Reliable locking connections between the hot shoe and the splash wall facilitate the installation of the optional TTL electronics or the taking of spare parts when travelling.
The new ABS PC Blendfront is stronger than its clear counterpart, provides improved contrast and better visibility and keeps your camera cooler in the sun.
This housing requires an additional DL lens connection for waterproof operation. Lens connection not included.
In the Box: Housing, Rear O-ring # 0132.61 (installed), Front O-ring # 0132.45 (installed), Zoom Gear Retainer # 75900 (installed), Port Hole Cover # 0200.92 (installed), Waterproof Bulkhead Cap # 9104.7 (installed), Base with Left-Hand Quick Release Handle # 4077.67 (installed), Tool for Zoom Gear Retainer # 0945.06,.050″ Hex Key # 0945.11, 1/16″ Hex Key # 0945.16, Silicone Lubricant 1cc tube
- 200′ (60m) depth rating
- Compatible with DL system lens ports
- Controls are provided for all important camera controls;
- Controls are not provided for Focus selector lock, Metering selector, Diopter adjustment control, Eyepiece shutter lever, Release mode dial, Release mode dial lock release, Flash pop-up button, Depth-of-field preview button, Fn Function button
- 1/4-20 thread base mounts with 3.5″ spacing
- Near neutral buoyancy in fresh water
- Actual buoyancy varies depending on choice of lens and port
- weight 4.8 lb (2.2 kg)
- dimensions 9.4 x 6.8 x 6.7″ (239 x 173 x 170 mm)
- Vacuum valve included (pump sold separately)
- Included Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead connector with manual hotshoe for reliable electrical triggering of underwater strobes; Optional TTL accessories provides automatic exposure with compatible Ikelite DS strobes
- ABS-PC construction is fundamentally corrosion-resistant
Compatibility: This housing is only compatible with Nikon D800 and D800E cameras as shipped by the manufacturer. Unless otherwise noted, this housing does not accommodate the use of add-on grips, battery grips, eyepieces, LCD covers, or other accessories. Differences in lens and control placement prevent other DSLR models, including the newer D810, from being used in this housing. We are not aware of any other models which may be used in or adapted to this particular housing.