Ikelite 71015 200DL Underwater Housing for Nikon D850 DSLR Cameras
A full featured and durable waterproof housing for Nikon D850 DSLR cameras. Suitable for scuba, snorkel, surf, pool, and any application in or around the water.
The single most important feature is the long awaited new Dry Lock (DL) port system. This exciting new system is even more robust and even easier to assemble than our time-tested Four Lock (FL) system. The new ports are lighter and more adaptable, and can accommodate extremely large diameter lenses with ease. Most popular zoom lenses and select lens focus rings can be engaged using a simple yet effective gearing system that puts adjustment right at your fingertips. A large, soft-touch lobed knob on the side of the housing makes fine tuned adjustments a breeze. Zoom and focus gears differ depending on which lens you are using.
The included vacuum valve allows you to vacuum test the housing to check for leaks prior to putting your expensive equipment in the water. Combined with a full view of the camera and o-ring seal through the back of the housing, there is no greater assurance that your gear will be safe. Use of the vacuum valve requires a compatible Vacuum Pump with Gauge # 47011, sold separately.
This housings supports your choice of shooting all manual or adding a TTL converter depending on your application. The flash bulkhead has been moved to the top of the case for improved cord routing and reduced strain. Reliable locking connectors between the hotshoe and bulkhead make it easy to install the optional TTL hotshoe or carry back up parts when traveling to remote locations.
The camera mount is now front-loading for easy installation and removal. A small mounting plate attaches to the bottom of the camera and secures in the front of the housing. The camera mounting plate does not need to be removed from the camera for surface use or when changing the battery or memory cards. The mounting plate features a 1/4-20 threaded mount on the bottom so that it can be attached to a tripod on the surface.
The new white ABS-PC blend front is stronger than its clear counterpart, provides improved contrast and visibility, and keeps your camera running cooler in the sun.
This housing requires the addition of a compatible DL Lens Port for waterproof operation. Lens Port not included.
In the Box: Housing, Rear o-ring # 0132.61 (installed), Front o-ring # 0132.45 (installed), Zoom Gear Retainer # 75900 (installed), Port Hole Cover # 0200.92 (installed), Waterproof Bulkhead Cap # 9104.7 (installed), Base with Left-Hand Quick Release Handle # 4077.67 (installed), Tool for Zoom Gear Retainer # 0945.06, .050″ Hex Key # 0945.11, 1/16″ Hex Key # 0945.16, Silicone Lubricant 1cc tube
- 200′ (60m) depth rating
- Compatible with DL system lens ports
- Controls are provided for all important camera controls; Controls are not provided for Release mode dial, Release mode dial lock release, Diopter adjustment control, Focus mode selector, PV button, Fn1 button, Eyepiece shutter lever, Sub selector, Focus selector lock
- 1/4-20 thread base mounts with 3.5″ spacing
- Near neutral buoyancy in fresh water
- Actual buoyancy varies depending on choice of lens and port
- weight 4.9 lb (2.2 kg)
- dimensions 9.1 x 7 x 6.5″ (231 x 178 x 165 mm)
- Vacuum valve included (pump sold separately)
- Included Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead connector with manual hotshoe for reliable electrical triggering of underwater strobes; Optional TTL accessories provides automatic exposure with compatible Ikelite DS strobes
- ABS-PC construction is fundamentally corrosion-resistant
Compatibility: This housing is only compatible with the Nikon D850 DSLR as shipped by the manufacturer. Unless otherwise noted, this housing does not accommodate the use of add-on grips, battery grips, eyepieces, LCD covers, or other accessories. Differences in lens and control placement prevent other DSLR models from being used in this housing. We are not aware of any other models which may be used in or adapted to this particular housing.