Ikelite 71712 200DL Underwater housing for Canon EOS 70D DSLR Cameras
The Ikelite 71712 200DL Underwater housing fully functional and durable waterproof housing for Canon EOS 70D DSLR cameras. Suitable for diving, snorkeling, surfing, in the pool and any application in or around the water.
This housing features the robust new dry lock (DL) port system. ” Dry lock “refers to the placement of the O-Ring on the outside of the port bracket. This improves visibility and reduces the risk of water reaching your valuable camera sensor. DL ports are the lightest on the market, but rugged and able to withstand rougher surf. The fastening is fast and safe. A system of extensions can accommodate a wide variety of lenses with ease.
This housing also requires a compatible lens port. This is not included in the scope of delivery.
The supplied vacuum valve allows you to put the housing under pressure to check for leaks before taking your expensive equipment into the water. The use of the vacuum valve requires a compatible vacuum pump with pressure gauge # 47011, available separately.
This housing supports the choice of manual flash images or the addition of TTL electronics depending on the application. You can enjoy the fastest and most accurate TTL exposure on the market by using the CT1K Canon TTL Kit # 46070 and a compatible Ikelite DS Flash Add. The exposure compensation can be added or subtracted in the camera.
The camera is mounted from the front and thus allows easy installation and removal. A small mounting plate is attached to the underside of the camera and attached to the front of the case. The camera mounting plate does not need to be removed from the camera for use on the surface or when changing the battery or memory cards. The mounting plate has a 1/4 -20 thread mount on the underside so that it can be attached to a tripod on the surface.
The new ABS PC Blendfront is stronger than its clear counterpart, provides improved contrast and better visibility and keeps your camera cooler in the sun.
In the Box: Housing, Rear O-ring # 0132.59 (installed), Front O-ring # 0132.45 (installed), Zoom Gear Retainer # 75900 (installed), Port Hole Cover # 0200.92 (installed), Waterproof Bulkhead Cap # 9104.7 (installed), Base with Left-Hand Quick Release Handle # 4077.67 (installed), Tool for Zoom Gear Retainer # 0945.06, .050″ Hex Key # 0945.11, 1/16″ Hex Key # 0945.16, Silicone Lubricant 1cc tube
- 200′ (60m) depth rating
- Compatible with DL system lens ports
- Controls are provided for all important camera controls; Controls are not provided for LCD panel illumination button, Depth-of-field preview button, Dioptric adjustment knob, Multi function lock switch
- 1/4-20 thread base mounts with 3.5″ spacing
- Near neutral buoyancy in fresh water
- Actual buoyancy varies depending on choice of lens and port
- weight 4.8 lb (2.2 kg)
- dimensions 9.2 x 7.1 x 6.6″ (234 x 180 x 168 mm)
- Vacuum valve included (pump sold separately)
- Included Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead connector with manual hotshoe for reliable electrical triggering of underwater strobes; Optional TTL accessories provides automatic exposure with compatible Ikelite DS strobes
- ABS-PC construction is fundamentally corrosion-resistant
This enclosure is only compatible with the Canon EOS 70D camera supplied by the manufacturer. Unless otherwise indicated, no additional grips, battery handles, eyepieces, LCD covers or other accessories are included in this enclosure. Differences in lens and control placement prevent other DSLR models, including the newer EOS 80D, from being used in this enclosure. We do not know of any other models that can be used or adapted in this particular Ikelite 71712 200DL Underwater housing.